Monday, December 17, 2012

Gallivanting Around Southern France


AND THE JOURNEY BEGINS!!


So I  forgot my computer cord in Orlando... but I didn't forget my beautiful silk blouse!!
No problem, I ordered a French cord for my Mac here in Avignon, it took a week to get but Voila! 
here I am, back online and a lot to show you!!

Our First Few Days were spent getting our bearings, checking out our village Gaujac
 and grounding ourselves...
that took several bottles of amazing French wine and some sleep  :)


ANGIE MY TRAVELING BUDDY

VIEW OF THE VINEYARDS 

 STREET VIEW IN GAUJAC
                                   
ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL HOME IN GAUJAC

WINE TASTING
                                                       
                                             
A TYPICAL LUNCH




AVIGNON PASSION



The Palace des Papes

Our First stop was beautiful Avignon, only a 30 minute drive through the countryside of vineyards  
and we were in a thriving ancient city! With lots of fabulous stores to shop in
 and
a palace built by the  Popes in the 14th Century! 












I was inspired by the patterns, images and colors of  the frescos, tiles and wallpapers found in the 
Papal Palace  and I could only imagine  how opulent  these Roman Catholic Popes lived in those days.

No comments: