Saturday, September 24, 2011

Farewell to Paris, New Friends, New Images & New Thoughts



As I marcher les rues ( walked the streets ) of Paris in the last days, I am taken with the sites, the smells, and overall ambiance of this amazing city. My camera flashing as I peered into windows and enjoyed each speciality shop.
I was fortunate to meet and make new friends like Susie Holland of Vingt Paris Magazine, an art lover who has lived and worked here for many years, helping connect all mediums of the art world together.
http://www.vingtparismagazine.com/
She introduced me to Grace Teshima, another art lover who hosts art exhibits and Parisian Salons in her third floor Paris apartment on the Rue de Abbesses, Montmontre.
http://www.parisiensalon.com/tag/grace-teshima/
Grace took me to an art opening held at "Les Frigos" a big art space with graffiti all over the walls


and then on to "The Soul Kitchen Dinner Club" with owners Christian and Alexa, who made me feel so welcome as they cooked and served a traditional french dinner of Cassoulet, French baguette, and poire tart and coffee, and of course great french wine!in their beautiful apartment.
It was a rare opportunity to really meet and talk with artisans like myself, about life as an artist and how that is really the same all over the world.
http://soulkitchensupperclub.com/


One of the highlights of my stay in Paris was going to the Musée d'Orsay and viewing some of my favs , like Gauguin, Matisse, Modigliani, Rodin, and more. It was so thrilling to actually see the energy in the brush strokes, and know that they were authentic. Paris is the best for me in this way!
I loved strolling along the Seine, to see the artists, painting as they sit with their work exposed, hoping for a sale. I felt their excitement when a passer by would stopped to discuss a painting, and the disappointment when they continued on with out it!
Visiting the bookstore Shakespeare and Company and purchasing a novel by George Sands a female french writer who I admire so much.






I hope you are able to view the photos I am attaching, images that will always remind me of this week in Paris and the things that inspired me.


















Now on to Morocco ~ Africa


No comments: